Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Ethics / Values

Ethics and values: They vary greatly from person to person.  It's been made obvious from people like Hitler and Stalin, in comparison to people like Gandhi and Martin Luther King, Jr.  Yeah, I dropped some names.  What are you going to do about it?  Regardless, my point remains valid: No matter how wrong it may seem to other people in the world, your values are still your values...  Except Hitler's.  He killed millions of people...

Moving along, I have many morals and values, just like every other person.  Sort of.  Some people in the world just kind of live without any idea of what a moral is.  They do things for themselves and think nothing of the repercussions that could transpire should they continue this negative lifestyle.  These people, however, are few and far between, though I'm sure one day you will meet one of these people.  My advice is to stay far away from them.  You may feel as though I'm unethically putting myself before them, but in the end, it's best to keep far away from any of these people.  Hey, you can't say I didn't warn you.

Finally, I guess we'll get to my ethics and values.  First off, I try to be as nice to people as I can be.  Even if they wrong me, I feel bad for anything that really happens to them.  If they've really wronged me, though, I will feel nothing but contempt for said person.  Of course, in the end, I'll just get over it and feel bad about anything that has to do with me being mean towards a person.  It's a curse, and it seems like people take advantage of it at times, but whatever.  I feel good for not being the one doing the wronging, so it's worth it in the end.  I also value open-mindedness.  I can't take people who can't reason with their own selves and see the big picture.  If they can't accept something because of their inability to do so, then I'll lose some respect for them.

I don't respect how America teaches children about some things, as well.  This is a school blog, though, so I guess I shouldn't be commenting on such touchy (and controversial) subjects.  Now that I've chosen to lay off that, I'll just say that I also feel that caring is an important emotion.  One that lacks caring is one that is not fully whole.  It may sound mean to say, but in my world I think it makes very much sense.  That's all I've really got to say right now, though.  You guys have me in a bind.

No comments:

Post a Comment