Tuesday, April 13, 2010

American Literature Sites Project

Honestly, I don't quite get it...  I mean, I understand it's a research project and all, but...  Why don't we get to choose?  Why does every group do the same exact person with the same exact information?  Isn't that redundant?  It's like saying, "Hey, guys, we're doing something different from another boring research paper!  But to make up for the boring paper being gone, I'm going to cut off any ability to choose who you want to do and make the whole project meaningless!"  I mean, I understand researching Emily Dickinson, but maybe, what, ten sites on the same person is a bit too much.

Hey, though, it was a lot easier than I thought.  I was able to get my stuff done like that, and I sure didn't have to struggle much--well, not entirely.  Either way, the only gripe I had is that it felt pointless.  Why not give each group a list of who they want to do the site on, rather than just having each group do the same exact thing...?  I chose Kurt Vonnegut, Jr. last year, and I was happy to be researching about him.  Allowing the students to pick someone whom they have a general interest in really increased performance, I guarantee you that.  Also, it helps if you pay us money to do it.  That's my suggestion, mull over that for a while.

For next time, please let us choose.  Well, no.  I won't be here next time.  But the next class will.  Let them choose.  And give us money.

No comments:

Post a Comment