Monday, January 18, 2010

I was Tested by Nature!

Actually, was I?  I suppose a lot of times when I was younger I was.  It was back when I had an imagination that I wasn't ashamed of; when I could swing a stick around with a friend and act like some dude with a sword without feeling like a complete idiot.  That sure is fun, you know.  I still imagine stories that have to do with embarrassing, nerdy stuff like that!  But that's because I'm a nerd, honestly.  It doesn't change the fact that it's fun, and anyone that stops hasn't grown up, they've just lost something important!  Sorry, over dramatic.

Either way, I was young, and I would go out in the woods to just play around.  Summer, winter, spring, fall, I would go whenever.  I would carry around a stick and act like the coolest dude in the world that kills tons of orcs and goblins and whatever.  Yeah, nerdy, whatever, I was ten.  Anyhow, I was out there almost every waking day.  I would just walk around the woods, hopping streams and climbing trees.  Regardless of whether it was cold or not, I would be out there, exploring my heart out.

I did that for years before I was that age, and I continued further...  Until they killed the woods to build a new neighborhood.  That made me sad.  I went over to the other side of the woods after that!  I didn't know it was so much bigger and fun!  And then I'd get in predicaments where nature would hurt me and where I'd be sad from everything or something or I don't know.  Either way, it tested me.

No comments:

Post a Comment