Thursday, March 4, 2010

Pleasant Plains and Greek Gods

It's hard to write about a school so mundane as Pleasant Plains High School and turn it into a fantastic portrayal of ancient Greek gods and goddesses and whatnot.  I mean, honestly!  Maybe I'm not creative enough.  Or I don't have extensive enough knowledge of the Greek myths of Zeus and Hades and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man or what have you.  Either way, it's an odd challenge to go up against, but I'll try my hand at it, anyways.

Well, first off, let's think of the teachers as the gods and goddesses.  I'm not sure who to pick for what...  Hm.  Well, I guess it's obvious to choose Mr. Ward as Zeus, considering he's the principal, and all.  But what about Peterson?  I wouldn't call him Hermes, since he's not Ward's messenger...  We'll go with Brutus, or something.  Et tu, Brute?  That's a Greek myth, right?  Julius Caesar?  Moving along.

Our very own Mr. Langley, I see as Hephaestus, for some reason; cast into the deep, dark bowels of his English room, left to toil in his darkroom with a number of different underlings that provide him with a number of pictures of their siblings and black and white lawn chairs.  Mrs. Blemler would be Athena.  She's the goddess of wisdom, right?  She seems like an Athena.  I don't know why.  She reads books, so she seems all wisdom-like.

Mr. Tadla would be Apollo.  He shines the light upon Pleasant Plains.  Need I say more?

Hades would probably be Mrs. Durbin and Mrs. Clough, due to the sole reason that they're the only teachers in the basement.  And Mrs. Graven.  Come to think of it, so is Mrs. Blemler, now, isn't she?  There's a conundrum...

No comments:

Post a Comment