Friday, February 12, 2010

Groundhog's Day

I'll tell you what's special about Groundhog's Day: Yours truly was born on that day.  Seriously, is that not the best part thing that's ever happened on that day, ever?  Okay, but really, it's just a memorable event on Groundhog's Day.  That same day I was born, Bill Murray had to steal my thunder and demand a movie be released on that day.  That angers me to this day.  Oh, well, though.  Not much I can do about that.  Bill Murray is too funny to be denied, and it was actually a very good movie...

Still!  Either way, I won't bore you with a long-winded rant about how I was born and cried and did baby stuff whatnot; that's just sloppy writing.  What I will do is go on about how Groundhog's Day was never that big of a holiday in the first place.  Really, if you had to be born on any holiday, I'd say Groundhog's Day is the best one to be born on.  Why?  There's really nothing that great about it.  People just acknowledge it, and get on with their day.  It would suck to be born on Christmas or Valentine's Day or Easter or whatever, since so many people acknowledge those days.  You get presents on them and such, and you're basically just screwed over for presents for the whole period.

But that's if you're materialistic!  Luckily for me, I'm not materialistic...

...

But either way, I'm a fan of my birthday, and I'm a fan of Groundhog's Day and February.  I think they're cool months and days and holidays and lunar cycles or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment