Sunday, November 8, 2009

United States of Drew

An ideal United States for me is hard to imagine.  I don't like imagining a utopia, because then there's nothing to feel superior to; there's nothing to hate.  I'm sorry if this sounds bad, but come on!  Everyone needs to hate something, it's just in our genes.  It feeds us anger, which can help power other emotions.  People need to stop acting like anger is such a bad thing.  Anger helps us, it can fuel us.  I feel like there has to be something someone utterly hates and dislikes.  It's a necessity.

Continuing my blog, I feel like a utopia would just suck.  I guess it depends on the utopia, though.  If it's a utopia where everyone is financially stable and no one goes hungry or whatever, then that's good!  Well, not really.  As a matter of fact, I'm fine with the poverty and death that goes on in the world.  Again, it sounds bad, but everyone seems to overlook overpopulation.  Sure, it's not an issue now, but at the rate we're heading it will be.  I'm not saying let's commit mass genocides, but I'm saying something's gonna have to be done.

I would change some economic policies, eliminate the hold that religion seems to have on the entirety of the political system, and just try and make things better for the US.  I would hope we wouldn't be looked at with such disdain, and that we would maybe be praised for being awesome.  I'm not saying we're awesome, though.  We're definitely not awesome.  You know who was awesome?  The founding fathers!  They were freaking awesome, and we need to bring them back.  No more of this crappy Palin and Cheney crap.

Also, I'd get rid of Fox News.

No comments:

Post a Comment